Leadership and governance at University UCC
Leadership at University UCC is shared by a leadership team consisting of the three clergy and church administrator shown below, by an elected Church Council of volunteers, and by the congregation itself. There are some decisions, such as calling a pastor or approving the budget, that only the congregation as a whole may make.
Other decisions, including matters of finance and policy are made by the Church Council in consultation with the leadership team. In addition to the church officers, each of the five church ministries is represented on the Council. When the Council makes a decision, it is understood to be acting on behalf of the entire congregation.
The Church Council and our five ministries
Our goal is to live out our call in the world as Christians. In order to accomplish this we have organized ourselves into five ministries: Worship and Music, Love and Justice, Christian Education, Calling and Engagement, and Stewardship and Finance.
The Church Council provides oversight for the work of these five ministries. Current membership of the Council is listed below. All church council members and alternates welcome communication from the congregation. However, to protect their privacy, their contact information can be most easily be obtained through the online resource MyUCUCC or by using the printed church directory. Or you can send an email to gro.ccuytisrevinu@ofni with the message and person you wish to reach. Church staff will forward your message to the appropriate
- Moderator, Margaret Stine
- Assistant Moderator, Terry Moore
- Treasurer, Don Guthrie
- Secretary, Mary Sue Galvin
- At-Large Representative, Beth Bartholomew
- At-Large Representative, Virginia Felton
- Restructure Liaison, Liz Wells
- Director of Finance and Operations, Kyna Shilling Email Kyna
- Pastor Catherine Foote Email Catherine
- Pastor Amy Roon Email Amy
- Pastor Todd Smiedendorf Email Todd
Worship & Music Ministry
- Priscilla Grundy, Worship and Music Representative
- Yale Lewis, Worship and Music Alternate
Christian Education & Spiritual Growth Ministry
- Rebecca Schmidt, Christian Education Representative
Calling, Engagement & Community Ministry
- Ed Coleman, Calling, Community & Engagement Representative
- Jan Von Lehe, Calling, Community & Engagement Alternate
Love & Justice Ministry
- Greg Turner, Love and Justice Representative
Stewardship & Administration Ministry
- Roger Garratt, Stewardship Administration Representative
- John Kloess, Stewardship Administration Representative (Alternate)
Further information about church governance and each ministry is available in the Resources Section.