Leadership and governance at University UCC
Leadership at University UCC is shared by a leadership team consisting of the three clergy and church administrator shown below, by an elected Church Council of volunteers, and by the congregation itself. There are some decisions, such as calling a pastor or approving the budget, that only the congregation as a whole may make.
Other decisions, including matters of finance and policy are made by the Church Council in consultation with the leadership team. In addition to the church officers, each of the five church ministries is represented on the Council. When the Council makes a decision, it is understood to be acting on behalf of the entire congregation.
The Church Council and our five ministries
Our goal is to live out our call in the world as Christians. In order to accomplish this we have organized ourselves into five ministries: Worship and Music, Love and Justice, Christian Education, Calling and Engagement, and Stewardship and Finance.
The Church Council provides oversight for the work of these five ministries. Current membership of the Council is as follows:
- Jan Von Lehe, Moderator Email Jan
- Margaret Stine, Assistant Moderator Email Margaret
- Don Guthrie, Treasurer Email Don
- Bob Fleagle, Secretary Email Bob
- Liz Wells, Restructure Committee Email Liz
- Jane Emerson, Worship and Music Ministry Representative Email Jane
- Susan Cook, Love and Justice Representative Email Susan
- Virginia Felton, Calling and Engagement Representative Email Virginia
- Greg Turner, Stewardship and Finance Representative Email Greg
- David Anderson, Church Administrator Email David
- Catherine Foote, Pastor Email Catherine
- Peter Ilgenfritz, Pastor Email Peter
- Amy Roon, Pastor Email Amy Email Amy
Further information about church governance and each ministry is available in the Resources Section.