For All of Us — Since We Cannot Physically Attend Church
I’ve been exploring ways to use spiritually-based techniques to stay healthy during this time of our lives. Here are some of my favorites. I hope they are helpful for you.
- Pray or Meditate – Being silent for a period of time each day can help build your immune response and lower your blood pressure. Twenty minutes is ideal.
- Practice Gratitude – Each day, recite things for which you are grateful. Keep a gratitude journal and reread your entries. Write or speak statements of gratitude to those you love including those who’ve gone before you.
- Breathe Deeply – Breathe deeply and slowly through your nose. Be aware of the breath moving inward and outward. Feel your abdomen expanding and contracting.
- Do A Heart Meditation – Close your eyes and become aware of your breath moving inward and outward. Place your hands over your heart and consciously breathe into your heart space. As you breathe in and out, say silently any of the following: “I love you.” “I want to be loved.” “Thank you.” Repeat your chosen phrase at least five times.
- Dance – Put on one of your favorite recordings and dance freely. If you are feeling sad, start with slow music and gradually change to upbeat music. If you are feeling anxious or stressed, do the reverse.