UCUCC School Supply Drive with “Project Cool”
This Fall, UCUCC is teaming up with our very own, Hillary Coleman and Project Cool to do a back-to-school supply drive for students in our area who experience homelessness.
“For children dealing with the daily chaos of homelessness, school can be an important source of stability. For over 29 years, Project Cool has supported more than 31,000 homeless students. Project Cool helps homeless students get the school supplies they need to feel confident and be prepared.”
There are red buckets in the Turner Narthex for you to place your donated supplies.
- Crayola Crayons (24 Ct.)
- Crayola Colored Pencils (12Ct.)
- Crayola Markers (8 Ct.)
- Highlighters, Ballpoint Pens (black or blue)
- #2 Pencils, Pink Erasers
- Glue Sticks (non-toxic)
- 5-Tab Dividers
- Toothbrushes (individually wrapped)
- Wide-Ruled Notebooks
- College-Ruled Notebooks
- Wide-Ruled Filler Paper
- College-Ruled Filler Paper.
Donate money to Project Cool
Donate securely on-line or by mail (make checks to “Coalition on Homelessness” 85 S. Washington St., Suite 310, Seattle, WA 98104). Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
- $60 provides 1 student with a new backpack, filled with quality school supplies, age-appropriate books, and health items.
- $100 allows 25 9th graders to write their first high school essays in new spiral notebooks.
- $200 colors the lives of 30 Kindergartners as they begin school with new crayons, markers, and colored pencils.