A spiritual practice we can do every day that will result in greater health and a sense of well being is to practice gratitude. Use the following questions to help guide you on your path. Spread these questions over several days rather than trying to reflect on them all at one time. Try to answer the “how” of each question.
Notice what is influencing you externally and answer the following questions in your journal:
Who or what has inspired you?
- Who or what is challenging you?
- Who or what is touching your spirit?
Silently express gratitude for these people and forces in your life even if the challenges are not always easy.
Now reflect on what is happening internally for you and answer the following questions in your journal:
- What is strengthening within me?
- What is softening within me?
- What is opening within me?
- What is deepening within me?
Silently express gratitude for the opportunity to continue to grow and deepen as you age.