A coalition of the Racial Justice Youth Coalition, the Racial Justice Action Team and the Leadership Team has created a resolution calling for University Congregational UCC to become a Racial Justice Church.
The resolution acknowledges the work that has already been done, and affirms that we will continue to work towards specific goals. The complete text of the resolution and additional information can be found >> here, in the office, or at a narthex table on July 14 and 28.
A congregational meeting has been called for Sunday, August 4 to present the resolution for discussion and a vote.
Opportunities for discussion are planned for Seabeck and at an after-church forum on July 21. If you have questions or comments, bring them to Toni Higgs (moc.liamtoh@sggihinot), Ginger Warfield (moc.cam@dleifrawv) or Margaret Stine (ten.tsacmoc@652egram)
Schedule of information for the resolution
- July 11: discussion at Seabeck all-church camp (1:45 in the Meeting House)
- July 14: resolution and volunteers available in the Narthex
- July 21: forum (after worship in the Harrington Chapel)
- July 28: resolution and volunteers available in the Narthex
- August 4: congregational vote (after worship in the Sanctuary)