Long-time member JoAnn (Gould) Anderson passed away on August 29, 2018. JoAnn joined the church in March of 1961. She was active in Women’s Fellowship and was instrumental in a significant remodel of the church lounge in the late 1960’s.
About 8 years ago, JoAnn moved to Whidbey Island to live with family. Even though she was no longer able to attend worship services, she loved reading Church and Home, the Thursday email, and the church blog to stay current with church activities.
JoAnn had a heart for social justice and she loved supporting our children’s programs. She donated socks for Tent City encampments, sending them to church via Catherine Foote. She also gave pumpkins for previous Apple Days and sent flowers for Lamb Days at Catherine’s Whidbey Island farm. A few years ago she came by to hold one of the lambs. We hold JoAnn’s children and family in our prayers.
Sunday, Nov 4: All Saints Day Service
At our annual service of memory and hope, we will light candles to remember and name members of our community who have died in the past year, and remember others as well.
Saint, date of death
- George Holland, October 30, 2017
- Frank Brewer, November 16, 2017
- Betty Kloess, November 19, 2017
- Susan Adkins, November 24, 2017
- Janet Park, December 19, 2017
- Molly Pritchard, January 10, 2018
- Lois Ann Pearson, February 9, 2018
- Joan Waldo, March 31, 2018
- Burton Smith, April 2, 2018
- Margaret Enderlein, April 23, 2018
- Judith Strausz-Clement, May 14, 2018
- Harlan Young, May 28, 2018
- Carl Linde, May 30, 2018
- Shirley Fox, May 30, 2018
- Carolyn Erickson, June 10, 2018
- Alex Hayden, July 14, 2018
- Gloria Mathies, August 24, 2018
- JoAnn Anderson, August 29, 2018