The Council of the University Congregational United Church of Christ met on November 20 in the church library. A quorum was noted just after 7:00 pm and
the meeting was called to order by Don Guthrie.
After celebrating Catherine’s birthday with cake, ice cream, 6+ candles and a song, Council:
- Approved minutes from October 16 and October 23 Council meetings
- Reviewed Financial and Leadership reports
- Approved a modification to the Clergy Housing Allowance (no effect on the church budget)
- Approved an AIR form designating Todd Smiedendorf as the supervisor for the incoming operations manager, when that person is hired.
- Approved a budget of $1,150,000 in pledges, and additional revenue of $274,506 from other sources, with expenditures as outlined, and recommend the congregation adopt this budget at the Congregational Budget Meeting on Sunday November 24, 2019.
Approved the formation of a Staffing Proposal Committee (SPC) to pick up the work of the Futures Task Force and develop a staffing proposal: (Ellen Naden (Chair), Pastor Todd Smiedendorf, Beth Bartholomew, Tim Croll, Jan Von Lehe, Mary Sue Galvin, and Ed Coleman.
– Notes by Mary Sue Galvin, Council Secretary