Summary from the November 14, 2018 Church Council meeting
Council agreed to read the book White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo prior to the January meeting. This was one of the goals that we set for ourselves in the fall.
Council unanimously agreed to renew The Spirit Workshops Convener contract with Beth Amsbary, for the calendar year 2019.
Council unanimously accepted the budget of $1,478,520 for 2019 and recommend that the congregation adopt this budget at the congregational Budget Meeting on Sunday November 18, 2018. This budget is based on $1,200,000 in pledges and additional revenue from other sources; contingencies are included should pledges exceed or not meet goal.
We celebrated with Peter on the occasion of his last Council meeting and relayed special memories of moments in Peter’s ministry at UCUCC over the past 25 years.
2019 Leadership transitions
We heard an update on the Bridge Minister search committee.
Reviewed a draft AIR for to create an Interim Task Force to:
- Look at where our church has been
- Listen for how God is calling us to proceed into our future
- Examine program priorities, our church’s mission, worship and parish care needs
- Identify goals and direction
- Recommend the leadership staff we will need to achieve these goals.