Church Office Coordinator, full time
Sunday mornings (8:00 am to 1:00 pm) Monday – Thursday (8 am – 5 pm)
- 40 hours per week at $16 per hour
- medical, dental, vision benefits
- retirement pension after one year
- paid vacation sick leave
To minister pleasantly and helpfully as front-desk hospitality. Keep the church database up-to-date and accurate. Administer facility-use scheduling and related setup and logistical needs. Assist groups with general clerical needs. Perform general office duties.
WHO WE ARE:
A progressive Christian church that is open and affirming. www.universityucc.org
- Send cover letter and resume to Erin Lovejoy-Guron, Lay Ministries and Communications Coordinator at gro.ccuytisrevinu@snoitacinummoc
- General knowledge of offices: Microsoft Office, copying equipment, and basic mathematics.
- Detail oriented: answer multiple phone lines; professionally communicate; work with deadlines and constant interruptions; good organizational skills; self-motivated, and a team-player.
- Sufficient experience and education to successfully perform the duties of an Office Coordinator. Equivalent of one to two years of paid work experience in general office support and interacting with the public.
- Willingness to affirm the ministry of the congregation and the United Church of Christ, maintain confidentiality, and be judicious in word and action.
The occasional need to lift, drag, and push materials weighing up to 25 pounds is required
- Hospitality: Welcome and Reception
- Maintain a pleasant, professional office environment with warm, genuine care and outreach.
- Monitor building access to those with business in the church facility.
- Facility Use Scheduling
- Schedule all facility use in accordance with policies and priorities
- Prepare weekend setup and other facility-use requirements
- Communication and Information Support
- Assist with document production, and dissemination of time-critical information.
- Database Management
- Use the ACS database and other instruments to update church member information friends.
- Assist the bookkeeper:
- Posting contributions to giving records
- Third-party credit card report processing
- Reviewing/sending quarterly contribution records
- Record keeping
- Administrative support
- Supervise and support the office volunteers to serve the ministry of the church and their call to service.
- Order all office supplies as needed and requested. Ensure regularly used office supplies are kept in stock.
- Ensure office is meeting environmental goals
- Track administration budget