University Congregational UCC is a large, dynamic, progressive church in the University District of Seattle, WA. We are seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry to engage and support the spiritual growth of our 100+ children, ages 0-11 years-old, and their families.
Required qualifications are listed below.
Preferred background, experiences include: teaching, church leadership, seminary training
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Children’s Ministry
- Hours: 30-35 hours a week , including Sunday mornings. $18.00 – $21.00 per hour plus benefits.
- Reports to: Children’s Ministry Committee.
- Supervisor: Designated Leadership Staff Team member. Weekly supervision is an expectation.
- Evaluation: After first three months, annually thereafter.
- Position Goal: Serve as a member of the Christian Formation Leadership Team to equip, empower and direct the children’s ministry of the church.
- To nurture faith, strengthen relationships and build community with our children ages 0-11 and their families.
- Work with the Leadership Team and the Children’s Ministry Committee to gain a clearer sense of our Christian Formation vision, guide and direct that vision into action.
- To run our Sunday morning program for children and facilitate welcome, connection, support and Christian formation opportunities for children.
- Invite church members into our ministry with our children and their families and to provide on-going support for the ministry.
- Be the “face” of our Nursery, Toddler, and Children’s Ministry with our children and their families; facilitate connections within the church and the conference to support our children and families.
Children’s Ministry Programming:
- Provide opportunities for parents and families to support each other.
- Provide curriculum and lesson plans for classes. Coordinate supplies and materials needed for programming.
- Coordinate recruiting and directing volunteers for the Sunday School program
- Supervise Sunday school and nursery staff.
- Coordinate childcare for church events.
- Monitor budget, coordinate calendaring and communication for program activities.
- Evaluate and develop comprehensive programming that fosters and strengthens Christian identity in children and their families.
- Other duties as assigned.