Superfluity is a highlight of the spring season. After last year’s sale, we distributed $31,800 to area nonprofits! Superfluity runs on the energy of many volunteers and it is FUN! We need YOU to make it work. Here’s how you can join in:
- Comb through your household for things that you no longer need or use and bring them in for the sale (see suggestions below).
- Help sort donations, Wednesdays from February 5 – March 25, 2020
General Sorting: 9:30 am – noon
Book Sorting: 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- Volunteer to help with weekly sorting and at the sale itself.
- Pass out postcards and flyers to friends (available in February).
- Pot up perennials from your garden or grow seedlings for the plant department.
- Make delicious edibles to be sold during the sale. These could include pies, soups, cookies, bars, quiches or other goodies.
These items consistently sell well:
- Antiques and collectibles
- Plants and garden tools
- Children’s clothes and toys
- Books and games
- Records, CD’s and DVD’s
- Linens, towels, craft items
- Sporting goods
- Decorative items for the home
- Housewares and small appliances,
kitchen items, glassware, utensils
- Tools and electronics
- Jewelry, scarves, purses
- Men’s hats and belts
Bring donations to room 133 starting January 24
All items need to be clean, in good working condition and have all their parts.
Please DO NOT bring
Large furniture, stuffed animals, artificial Christmas trees, Christmas lights, dried/plastic flowers, rolled up pictures/posters, macramé plant hangers, disposable plastics, computers, printers, TV’s, VHS or audio tapes, adult clothes or shoes, office supplies, text books, Readers Digest Condensed books, skates, tire chains.
Email Mary Sue Galvin if you have questions.