Business Manager Opportunity
Thank you for your interest in the position of Business Manager at University Congregational United Church of Christ. Background information about our church and our congregation is available here in the form or our Church Profile
Please apply for this position by sending an email to the following address: gro.ccuytisrevinu@hcraeSrgMsuB.
Include the following items as attachments:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Supplement with answers to the five short essay questions below.
In order to facilitate our review process and conserve paper, hard-copy applications will not be accepted.
All candidates will be notified whether they are selected for this position or not.
Applications will be evaluated and reviewed as they are accepted. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm, Friday, November 22.. Interviews will be scheduled as qualified candidates are identified.
Finalists for this position will be expected to provide at least two references, one of whom can speak about their business and accounting expertise and one who can provide a general business reference. Additional references may be provided if desired.
Please provide concise answers to the following questions, limiting each answer to about 200 words.
- Describe your experience as an administrator (or other role) in the setting of a religious community.
- What is it about this position that most interests you?
- Describe your supervisory experience with employees and volunteers.
- How do you see this position meshing with your own sense of personal mission?
- How do you describe your leadership style?
Aligned with the pastors, Church Council, and the vision of the church, the person in this position provides daily leadership, oversight and support in the areas of administration, human resources, finance, legal, facilities, communication, and information technology. This position focuses on the management of staff, resources, processes, policies and procedures needed to support the church and its ministries. This position’s goal is to collaborate and lead to inspire, support, and implement the vision and ministry of the congregation,
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- BA in business and accounting or comparable experience
- Gifts of administration, leadership, and sensitivity to the variety of factors and realities present in a congregation.
- Experience in organizational planning and strategic development, organization/staff management, human resources, and individual employee management and development
- Broad knowledge and experience with the development and management of operational processes, policies, procedures, and resources
- Financial management, accounting and forecasting experience
- Practical experience managing the strategic use of information technology to improve operational processes
- Communications planning and management
- Personal mission and style consistent with and capable of proactively supporting the vision and ministry of this congregation and the wider United Church of Christ.
A complete job description, describing specific responsibilities in greater detail is available here: Business Manager Job Description
$60,000 to $70,000, depending on qualifications.
You are invited to explore this website to learn more about University Congregational United Church of Christ. Keep in mind, however, that this page is not linked to the site itself. To get back to this page you will need to bookmark it, use your browser’s “back” button or use the link provided in the job announcement.
You can download a copy of the complete job application, including the job description, here: Business Manager Job Application
University UCC seeks an experienced, spirit-driven business manager.