- resisting fossil fuels
- building momentum for healthy alternatives
- fostering resilient, just and welcoming communities.
Their newest initiative: Seattle for a Green New Deal, launched late this June, by 350 Seattle and Got Green, calls for the Seattle Mayor and City Council to:
- develop a plan to cut our climate pollution to zero by 2030
- address historical and current injustices
- create thousands of good, green, well-paying, unionized jobs.
It has been unanimously endorsed by the Seattle City Council.
The national UCC has a partnership with 350.org, and encourages Greening Congregations such as our own UCUCC to affiliate with local chapters like 350 Seattle
Your support will help fund the climate justice work of 350 Seattle which is bold and broad and comprised largely of young adults passionate to make a difference. Thank you for supporting them as they push our leaders to create a better world.
by Jan Von Lehe, moc.liamg@ehelnovnaj