~ Heidi Blythe, Music Director
All Ages, All Abilities Offertory
You (yes, you!) are invited to participate in an all ages, all abilities Offertory on March 31!
By “all ages”, we mean ALL AGES presenting and participating. By “all abilities”, we mean you are welcome whether you consider yourself a singer, a musician, someone who is “tone deaf”, someone who never sings in public, someone who reads music, or someone who learns by ear. Get the picture?
My childhood friend wrote an amazing piece called “ALL IN”. It’s an empowering piece specifically meant to combat bullying, but the words describe standing for the common good.
(YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1HW9LksQ0)
What better way to band together, come together, stand together than by raising our voices to proclaim a just world for everyone?
Here’s how you can participate:
- Preschool and elementary children – Rachel Brackett will teach the piece during CE on Sunday, March 10
- Children’s Choir will learn the piece Sundays 9:00, March 3 – 31. No practice on 3/17.
- Middle and High School girls will learn the piece on Girls Retreat March 24.
- Viriditas and Chancel Choir groups will learn the piece during regular rehearsals
- Any singer (listed or not listed) may come to any of the following rehearsals: Sundays 11:30-11:45, Feb 24, Mar 3, 10, 17, 24
- Mass rehearsal at 9:30 on Mar 31
- whether you’ve rehearsed or not, come to church on Sunday, March 31!